IEU Monitoring: IEU DIGITAL Telegram 19 Dec 2016
Our telegram headlines today*:
- Draft agenda - Thursday, 12 January 2017 - PE 595.753v01-00 - Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- Entrenched data localisation is holding back Europe’s digital economy - Is the Commission hearing the calls for action?
# DATA PROTECTION
- EU Commission Vice-President Ansip and EU Commissioner Jourová discuss new Data Protection Rules with businesses
- ePrivacy: Europeans call for stronger protection of their online communications
- ePrivacy: consultations show confidentiality of communications and the challenge of new technologies are key questions
- Full report on the public consultation on the ePrivacy Directive
- Eurobarometer on ePrivacy
# STATE AID FOR APPLE
- State aid: EU Commission publishes the non-confidential version of the final negative decision concluding that Ireland granted undue tax benefits of up to €13 billion to Apple
- Apple and Irish government under fire for appeal against Commission tax ruling - GUE/NGL
- EU Commission Answer - Online services from traders whose main base is outside the EU - P-008231/2016
# BIG DATA
- European Supervisory Authorities consult on Big Data
- Study on Big Data in Public Health, Telemedicine and Healthcare
- Consultation on planned strategic review of UHF spectrum at 410 MHz – 470 MHz
- Proposed limitation order and amended register regulations in connection with the award of spectrum in the 2.3 and 3.4 GHz bands
# TELECOM REGULATION
- BEREC Newsletter is out!
# CYBER SECURITY
- ENISA: Cyber security key for the successful adoption of mobile payments
- FIC 2017 - 9th International Cybersecurity Forum
- The latest on Copyright Reform: Europeana's updated mandate - Europeana Professional
- Learn more about ITU’s work to expand digital financial inclusion
# EU COMMISSION BRIEFS## DG CNECT
- Commission Decision concerning - Case ES/2016/1948: Access to the public telephone network at a fixed location for residential and non-residential customers in Spain; - Case ES/2016/1949: Call origination on the public telephone network provided at fixed location in Spain. Comments pursuant to Article 7(3) of Directive 2002/21/EC.
- Commission decision concerning Case DE/2016/1954: Wholesale central access provided at a fixed location for mass-market products – Remedies (Pricing for Layer-2 Bitstream Access) Comments pursuant to Article 7(3) of Directive 2002/21/EC
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING DECISION on the review of the legality of an act of the Research Executive Agency (REA) pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 58/2003
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING DECISION amending Commission Decision 2008/294/EC and Commission Implementing Decision 2013/654/EU, in order to simplify the operation of mobile communications on board aircraft (MCA services) in the Union
Our telegram is published delayed by one day. It shows the headlines of our monitoring content, only. You can buy the full version of this issue here. To ask for a weekly trial of this monitoring mail -- sent directly to your mailbox on the day of publication -- please fill in this form.