EU Parliament holds Public Hearing on the Future of Copyright in Europe
Committee on Legal Affairs - Committee on Culture and Education
PUBLIC HEARING: THE FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF COPYRIGHT IN EUROPE
11 November 2014, 15:30 - 18:30
Brussels, Altiero Spinelli building (ASP) 1G3
- 15:30 - 15:50 OPENING
- 15:30 - 15:40 Welcome by Pavel Svoboda, Chair of the Committee on Legal Affairs, and by Silvia Costa, Chair of the Committee on Culture and Education
- 15:40 - 15:50 Maria Martin-Prat, Head of Copyright Unit, Directorate D, DG Internal Market and Services, European Commission
- 15:50 - 18:20
LEGAL ISSUES ON COPYRIGHT
- 15:50 - 16:10 Prof. Dr. Martin Kretschmer, Professor of Intellectual Property Law in the School of Law, University of Glasgow, and Director of CREATe. CREATe investigates the future of creative production in the digital age, and in particular the role of copyright.
- 16:10 - 16:30 Prof. Dr. Leonhard Dobusch, Assistant Professor at the Freie Universität Berlin - Presentation of a study on the Commission Report on the responses to the Public Consultation on the Review of the EU Copyright Rules
- 16:30 - 16:50 Burak Özgen, Senior Legal Adviser, GESAC. GESAC groups 34 of the largest authors’ societies in the EU. It represents nearly 800,000 rights holders in the areas of music, graphic and plastic arts, literary and dramatic works, and audio visual as well as music publishers.
- 16:50 - 17:10 Isabelle Feldman, Deputy Secretary General, Club Audiovisuel de Paris, expert in IPR issues, collective bargaining of IPR in the fields of arts and literature, audio visual law, company law.
- 17:10 - 17:30 Jean -Noël Tronc, Director-General of Société des auteurs, compositeurs et éditeurs de musique (SACEM) - Presentation of a study carried out by Ernst & Young on key economic facts and figures concerning copyright in terms of growth and employment
- 17:30 - 17:50 Prof. Dr. Malte Stieper, Chair for Civil Law, Intellectual Property Law and Competition Law, Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg; Member of the GRUR Expert Committee for Copyright and Publishing Law, German Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright.
17:50 - 18:20 Q&A
18:20 - 18:30 CLOSING
18:20 - 18:30 Concluding remarks TBD